Aluminum Sheet: A Detailed Study
By [http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Manas_Baburana/2425734]Manas Baburana
Aluminum has abundant uses for its versatile qualities like weld-ability, corrosion resistance and machinability. It is durable, lightweight and easy-to-install. We have aluminum composite panels, aluminum foils, aluminum sheets, and aluminum plates to use these for different purposes.
Aluminum sheets and plates are an invaluable resource to the modern industry. It has a wide variety of applications in various industries. Starting from aerospace to transportation till decoration, we have the extensive uses of aluminum plates and sheets. Besides, these are essential elements of automotive, packaging, construction, heavy machinery, and aviation industries
You can find aluminum sheets utilized widely in the automobile industry and food and beverage industry. It is second to none for packaging foods and manufacturing utensils, cookware and other home appliances.
Besides, Aluminum sheets are used in the construction and housing industry. We see these in the form of roofing, sidings and many things like these.
When aluminum is passed between the rolls under high pressure, it becomes thinner, stronger and longer. Under different pressures and heats, it forms different types of aluminum plates, sheets and foils.
Aluminum sheets are available in various alloys.
• These are pressed, punched and rolled to produce various equipment and apparatus used in airframe sections.
• When the sheets are designated by the symbol 1100, it becomes perfect for fuel tanks, cowlings, and oil tanks. Here strength is not an important factor, rather more emphasis is given on weight economy and corrosion resistance.
• Alloy 3003 is verisimilitude to 1100. It is utilized for the same purposes like manufacturing and repairing wingtips and tanks. A small percentage of magnesium is added to make the alloy stronger and harder than 1100 aluminum.
• Alloy 2014 is produced for heavy-duty forgings, plates, bodies, and extrusions. These are designed for aircraft fittings, wheels, and major structural components. This alloy is utilized in various applications. It is known for high strength and hardness.
• Alloy 2017 has limited uses. It is mainly used for rivets.
• Alloy 2024 is made available with or without Alclad coating to use it for rivets, structures, hardware, and machine screw products. Besides, it has other structural applications.
• Similarly, 2025 is utilized for manufacturing propeller blades.
• Alloy 2219 is good for manufacturing and repairing fuel tanks, aircraft skins, and other structural components. It is designed for high fracture toughness. It is resistant to stress corrosion cracking.
• Besides there are alloys like 5052, 5056 and 6061 used for fuel, hydraulic and oil lines.
Manas Baburana is a prolific writer. He loves to write articles on [http://www.jiyu-acp.com/customized-solid-aluminum-sheets.html]Aluminum Sheet
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Aluminum-Sheet:-A-Detailed-Study&id=9723099] Aluminum Sheet: A Detailed Study